With the help of one of our professional HVAC contractors at Gleason, you can receive the thorough duct cleaning services that greatly improve cooling and heating efficiency in your home, and the indoor air quality of your home.
Effects of Dirty Ducts
As pollutants settle and build up over time, they can also be dispersed into your home. Contaminants like germs, bacteria, pollen, mildew, and mold in an HVAC system can cause long-term adverse effects on your loved ones including asthma. If anyone in your home already has allergies, asthma, or compromised immune system, regularly breathing dirty air can pose a very serious risk to their health.
Dirty air ducts can also cause your HVAC system to work less effectively because of build up blocking air flow. Your system will have to work harder to keep your home comfortable, using more energy to do its job. HVAC systems that aren’t working efficiently can cause increases in monthly energy bills – and no one wants that.
10 Dirty Air Duct Symptoms To Look For
When you have your HVAC filter replaced, ask your technician to let you know about any unusually dirty parts. If they notice that the coils or other components of your HVAC are soiled more than normal, a duct cleaning is recommended. Other symptoms include:
- Air vents, grilles, returns, and registers are clogged with dust and debris
- HVAC filters need to be replaced more often than usual
- Air purifier filters need to be replaced more frequently
- Unpleasant or strange odors coming from the ventilation system
- Unusual sounds coming from the ducts
- Visible mold or mildew near air outlets and covers
- Your home becomes dusty more often
- Your heating and cooling bills increase
- You purchased an older home and have no record of prior cleaning
- You have recently added on or otherwise remodeled any part of your home
Professional Air Duct Cleaning
It is recommended that you have your ducts cleaned about every two to three years. However, if you have children, pets, or someone with compromised immunity, you should have them cleaned more often.
When searching for comprehensive air duct cleaning services to remove built up dust and allergens from your home’s cooling and/or heating system, Gleason Heating and Air Conditioning is here for you. With the help of our skilled HVAC professionals, your air ducts will be as clean as the day they were first installed, helping keep your system operating efficiently and improving the indoor air quality of your home.
For more information on duct cleaning in Wauconda IL and surrounding areas, contact Gleason to discuss which options are right for you.